- Early Childhood Education
- Emergency Food Assistance
- Health & Nutrition
- Utility Bill Relief
- Weatherization Assistance
You must meet the income guidelines.
Food choice items are decided by USDA food program.
If your house has been weatherized since September 30,1994 you can not have it done again. This date is set by the Department of Energy.
The time depends on funding and the length of the waiting list. Some clients have waited up to 3 years or more.
Most of the time no, each audit is different and the Energy Audit must call for the replacement.
No Weatherization does not fix structural issues.
The energy supplier unless utilities are included in rent, in which case it goes to applicant.
35 days for Regular assistance and a “Pledge” will be made for crisis assistance until check is sent.
It’s for elderly and disabled SNAP recipients.
It is based on household size and income.
One regular and one crisis during the Winter program and same in Summer.
Both activities may use a standardized tool. A screening is a brief glimpse of a child’s health and development. Assessment is a continual process that tracks a child’s developmental progress over time.
Screening for potential developmental delays in children allows for early treatment and supportive services. On the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website, Head Start educators and families will find many resources on developmental screening tools.
- Red meats, Turkey, Liver, Green vegetables such as spinach and broccoli, Squash, blueberries, Lima beans , Corn on the cob, Raisins, Peanuts and yogurt.
* Talk about how and where the fruit or vegetable come from.
* Let the child help in preparing new food.
* Take the first bite together.
*Vitamin D – Vitamin D is a unique nutrient because it can be obtained
*Vitamin D is essential for promoting calcium absorption in the digestive system which allows for normal bone mineralization.
*Good source of vitamin D include fortified milk, tuna, salmon, and egg yolk.
*Potassium – foods high in potassium include vegetables and fruit. Water helps kidneys remove waste from the body, and assist nerve transactions that move muscles and cells.
*Potassium is involved in multiple key functions in the body, including nerve transmission, muscle contraction, and the movement of fluids in the heart and kidneys using blood vessels.
* The main source of potassium in the human diet is vegetables. Bananas, citrus fruits, and other vine fruits like grapes and blackberries are also good sources.
* Fiber- dietary fiber is carbohydrates that is resistant to digestion and absorption in the small intestine.
* Fiber plays an important role in supporting a healthy digestive system it keeps the system clean and running smoothly.
* Good sources include Whole –grain bread and cereals. Apples, oranges and bananas. Also greens peas and baked potatoes with skin.
*Calcium – builds strong bones, teeth and muscle. Some kids don’t get all the calcium their bodies need.
* About 99% of the body’s calcium is found in bones and teeth. The remaining 1% of calcium is found in blood, muscle and other tissues.
* Good sources of calcium include milk, cheese, yogurt and salmon.
Complete or total nutrition is especially important for the growth and development of infants, children and teens. If a child does not get all of the nutrients he or she needs, then he or she may have developmental or growth delay. This means that he or she would not grow and develop like you would expect. If your child is not getting proper nutrition, then he or she may not be as tall or weigh as much as other children of the same age.
A physical exam must include: